(INSERT AMETHYST GEM)
The name “amethyst” derives from the Greek word, “ametusthos”, meaning “not intoxicated” and from an Ancient Greek legend. The legend speaks of a woman named Amethyst and her encounter with Bacchus, the wine god. Angry over an insult, Bacchus decreed the first person he saw to feel his wrath; this person was a beautiful woman by the name of Amethyst, as she made her way to worship at the temple of Diana. As she met her fate, Amethyst sought the protection of the goddess and was saved by being turned into a white crystal. Regretting his actions, the god Bacchus poured his wine over the white stone as an offering. Thus, the gemstone Amethyst was born with its famous purple hue. Greeks and Romans adored this legend of Amethyst, decorating their drinking goblets and adorning their body in the gemstone. They believed these actions would prevent intoxication and bring a sobering effect to the body and mind.
AMETHYST IS PERFECT FOR RELIEVING ONE’S STRESS AND PROVIDES YOU WITH THE PEACE OF MIND TO COMPLETE YOUR GOALS.
OTHER BELIEFS ASSOCIATED WITH AMETHYST:
- Prevents overindulgence and clears the mind, allowing one to remain clear and centered
- Clears the mind of negative thoughts and the negativity of stress and anxiety, especially in regards to work-related stress
- Provides one with confidence and encourages open communication
- Calms nervous system and helps with insomnia
- Improves hearing, digestive tract, and helps heart function
- Treats headaches, helps posture, and improves skeletal system
- Helps with stomach, skin and teeth problems
- Known as the elixir in the treatment of arthritis